Call NOW: 330-203-1476

I focus on meeting your needs and making the law work for you

I realize that a choice of an attorney is a deeply personal one and strive to make this process as stress free as possible. While I can help with many legal needs, I focus on the following areas:

Areas of Law

Family law

Wills and Estate Planning

Traffic Tickets

Disability - Social Security, Speical Education

Elder Law

Contact Erin

I am a phone call or email away

Free 30 Minute Phone Evaluation

Thoughts From A Legal Advisor

Wherein I talk about random interesting things that hopefully will make your life easier!

New Guidelines on IEP goal standards in light of Endrew F.

The Department of Education has released new guidelines for IEP goals in light of the court case Endrew F. v. Douglas Country School District (137 S. Ct. 988).  Endrew rejected the 10th Circuit and other circuits findings that IEP  must result in educational benefit only merely more than de minimis. …

How Attorneys Identify Winning Back Pain Social security Disability Cases

Come check out a new blog post I co-wrote with fellow SSA Disability Attorney Jonathan Ginsberg on how attorneys evaluate disability back claims. Jonathan is a long time attorney in the Atlanta area, who’s firm handles Social Security Disability cases, as well as workers comp, bankruptcy, and auto accident cases….

Things to do before sending a child to college.

It’s fall, which means anyone with a senior in high school is doing the same thing, College Applications.  But while you are choosing a college, and worrying about how to pay for it, there are a few other things you need to consider before move in day. Are doctors and…

Social Security and Child Support

Question:  Can my Social Security Benefits be garnished for child support? Answer: Maybe, it depends on whether you are getting Disability Insured Benefits, Retirement Benefits, or SSI.  SSI cannot be garnished for child support, but the other’s can.  Support orders are one of the few things that can be garnished…

Divorce or Dissolution?

Question:  I don’t want to be married anymore do I file a divorce or a dissolution? Answer:  There are two ways to terminate a marriage in Ohio, either a Divorce or Dissolution proceedings.  There are significant differences between the two.  One important difference is that you can only get temporary…

SSA Announces 2018 COLA increases

Have questions?  Need to file for Disability?  Give me a call today to discuss your options. Because Life Happens

When do I need Guardianship over my aging parents or disabled relative?

Just the other day I was asked about  guardianship for aging parents and when it was needed.  A guardianship is another planning tool in handling your aging parents and disabled relative’s affairs, and can be granted either in a crisis situation or as a planned next step. Guardianship come in…

Why you need a will, even if you have nothing, and why you need it now.

The most common reason people give for not having a will is that they have nothing to leave to anyone.  While that may be true Today, that is rarely the case when someone passes away.  A will is not a document to divide up what you have right this instant, but…

The Attorney

Erin Schmidt has been an attorney for over 10 years in the fields of Social Security, Medical Disability, and Family Law.

Erin M. Schmidt

Social Security, Family Law, Medical Disability

Welcome to the Law Office of Erin M. Schmidt Graduating in 2006 from St. Louis…